The Helen L. Morris Foundation Scholarship Fund seeks to assist single mothers in completing their college degrees in order to improve the lives of their families.
The Helen L. Morris Foundation Scholarship Fund was established to assist low-income, single mothers who are head of household attend college in order to improve the lives of their families, as well as motivate their children to excel. The goal of the scholarship is to provide the financial support needed to minimize the burden of out of pocket expenses resulting from having to work, support a family and attend college all at the same time. The Helen L. Morris Scholarship Funds seeks to enable these non-traditional students to focus on achieving their academic goals and performance, so that they can create a successful future.
Candidates for this scholarship are:
- A single, female parent and head of household residing in Rochester, NY
- Currently enrolled or have been enrolled in a local community college as a sophomore, junior or senior
- A student with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A student with demonstrated financial need
- A student with academic promise who has overcome life obstacles
*Priority will be given to City of Rochester residents (proof of residency required) and those with a connection to the mission of YWCA.
YWCA wants to help you achieve your degree and help empower you to be all that you can be!
Scholarships up to $10,000 will be awarded in 2021
Application due date: May 31, 2021
For questions please reach out to Ruth Rappaport-Kristal at email@example.com