Help for Women in Recovery
The YWCA’s Steppingstone Supportive Living Program offers hope – and proven results – for women in recovery who are making the transition to independent living. Compassionate staff help women take responsibility for their lives and the difficult work of recovery.
Since no women should have to choose between her child or receiving help for her addiction, the YWCA’s program allows women to remain with their children while in recovery.
Each year, the program provides housing and intensive support services to nearly 80 women and their children.
In a safe, supportive, and structured environment, women maintain sobriety and achieve a healthy lifestyle free from chemical dependency.
- Licensed by the NYS Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse; staff are credentialed alcohol and substance abuse counselors
- 29 furnished apartments available for women over the age of 18 including women with children
- Experienced, trained staff help women overcome the effects of domestic violence and other trauma
- Social activities such as holiday parties provide women with the opportunity to form supportive friendships, addressing the isolation that often accompanies chemical dependency
- On site drop-in child care available
- Program offers both individual and group counseling and weekly skill-building workshops and referrals to community resources such as health care and vocational training
For more information on the YWCA’s Steppingstone Supportive Living program, please call (585) 368-2225.