A Community of Support
Affordable housing is nothing without a caring environment. The YWCA provides both in 47 comfortable rooms. Many women in this program have called the YWCA home for many years.
Each woman has a private living space with full access to common kitchens for preparing and enjoying meals together and lounges for socializing and visiting with family. The supportive environment includes one-on-one case management services and help in accessing other community services.
Each year, the program provides long-term housing and support services to nearly 80 women.
The goal of the program is to provide women who may not have the chance to live on their own the opportunity to remain indepdendent while having access to a support network of staff and fellow residents.
- Case managers work with residents to maintain an independent and stable lifestyle
- Participants develop an individualized service plan and participate in workshops such as life-skills trainings and job readiness programs
- Recreational and social opportunities, such as craft classes and holiday celebrations, are also offered weekly
- 47 single-room occupancy units are available on site for women over the age of 18 with shared kitchen, bathrooms, laundry facilities, and lounge
- Experienced, trained staff help women overcome the effects of domestic violence and other trauma.
For Potential Tenants:
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Long Term Housing. We are here to help and want to do our best to assist you in your search for your new home.
YWCA of Rochester & Monroe County provides an array of supportive affordable housing opportunities. All units are designed for members of our community that are experiencing homelessness.
Long Term Housing Single Room Occupancy (SRO) Units are located in the heart of downtown Rochester and offer both convenience and affordability.
To determine eligibility, interested persons may contact property management to schedule an initial appointment. At that time, interested persons will have an opportunity to meet YWCA Case Management Staff to discuss eligibility and support services.
Property Management office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM and can be reached at 585-546-5820.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact YWCA Long Term Housing Supervisor at 585-368-2252.
We look forward to working with you.
Phyllis McElligott, VP Operations