Stand Against Racism Conference Will Focus on Women of Color Working Beyond the Glass Ceiling
Program Aims to Address How Structural and Institutional Racism Shapes our Society
The Stand Against Racism is an annual community-wide event to build awareness about race and ethnicity. We reach out to businesses, schools, higher education, houses of worship and government agencies to create greater awareness and to encourage conversations about these important topics. Organizations host a Stand by signing up online and hosting an event, either publicly or privately. We celebrate the Stand throughout the entire month of April.
Breakfast Panel Event:
- Thursday, April 12 at 8:00 AM
- Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center
- 123 East Main Street, Rochester, NY 14604
- Alejandra Y. Castillo, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of YWCA USA.
- Corinda Crossdale, Commissioner, Monroe County Department of Human Services.
- Ahlia Kitwana, Lead Engineer, Specialty Engineering Space and Intelligence Systems, Harris Corporation.
- Tina MacIntyre-Yee, Photo Journalist for the Democrat and Chronicle. Part of the USA Today Network.
- Dr. Tomicka Wagstaff, Assistant Vice President, Student Access and Success, Division of Diversity and Inclusion, Rochester Institute of Technology.
This is the fifth year the Conference Event is being held. More than 650 community members are expected at the breakfast and conference for this important discussion about Braving our History, Building our Future – Women of Color Working Beyond the Glass Ceiling.
Following the breakfast and panel discussion, eight (8) workshops related to issues of race and ethnicity will take a deep dive into these topics and how they relate to structural and institutional racism.
A special thank you to our sponsors who have helped make this event possible.
- The Rochester Area Community Foundation
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- 13WHAM ABC, FOX Rochester and CW Rochester
- UR Medicine
- Democrat and Chronicle. Part of the USA Network
- ESL Charitable Foundation
- BreakThru Magazine
- Constellation Brands
- Finger Lakes Performing Provider System
- Harter Secrest & Emery
- Nazareth College
About the YWCA of Rochester & Monroe County
The YWCA is a powerful resource in our community. We help women and girls who are faced with personal crises including homelessness and young adult pregnancy. We also work hard to dispel stereotypes and promote racial equity. Visit us at ywcarochester.org